Friday, February 13, 2009

Do you love the iPhone

Forget what those winMo folks say. You can live on the cloud with the iPhone and get real work done. So what I can't make office docs in my hand... But as a veteran treo 700wx user I can confidently claim that office integration was not really that useful.big memory hog though... Let's face it, us road warriors don't need or want to draft documents with our thumbs or work on spreadsheets 200 pixels at a time. What is important though? OTA synchronization, which has been dominated by exchange. So really it's not the phone you need, it's an exchange account. What smartphone doesn't support exchange? And thanks to nuevasync, and now google sync, that exchange sync function is available to non-exchange systems. Ymmv, but if your like me and in love with Gmail and the idea of having access to everything online - my own personal cloud- then syncing up your web enabled phone is the last piece to living a winmo-free mobile life.
Even this blog is updated from my iPhone

No comments: