Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And so it goes

I finally land a contract where my skills can be put to use only to find that even though they have the newest technology I have to produce vb.net code
Nevermind that my project includes a soa architecture the vb programmers here don't know how to make and I can... But my solution is in c#...
so now I get to add more to my resume...code conversion and vb.net!
There's always a silver lining right? Maybe they'll see my clean c code and change their minds. Oh wait their vb programmers...if they had the capacity to change they wouldn't still be coding in vb would they?

What are your thoughts on language preferences in the workplace?
Did I just start a war or are there other reasons people should be open to either?



-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: